“Smoke Some Cats” – Ivy Beddow

“Smoke Some Cats” – Ivy Beddow

Hey Runners!

I guess you could say my running career started at about age four when my grandma would take me to our high school track to run laps. Unfortunately there weren’t that runningmany four year olds competing in the 400 so I switched to soccer which I continued to play competitively for the next fourteen years.   I returned to running during my sophomore year of high school when I joined Mason’s track team with the intention of using it as a way to stay in shape for soccer season. What started as extra conditioning soon turned into setting new school records, regional championships, and a 5th place finish at the Ohio state meet in the 4×4. While the medals were nice, the thing I loved most about being a member of my high school track team was the phenomenal coaching staff that always motivated us to “smoke some cats”. While I dreaded having to stay warmed up until the very end of the meet, some of my favorite high school memories are definitely running the 4×4 with my teammates under the stadium lights.running 2

I am entering my junior year at The Ohio State University pursing an honors neuroscience degree and hope to attend physician assistant school after undergrad. I have a hard time motivating myself to run alone so I started going to Running Club practices. I competed in a few track meets last spring and running club was really helpful for me in training for the Flying Pig Half Marathon. Running Club is great because it provides opportunities for all kinds of runners from sprinters to distance runners to anyone in between and allows you to run competitively again. I am always impressed by how motivated Running Club members are and can’t wait to see what happens this fall!

running 3Stay Fast,

Ivy Beddow